The EDA National Education and Training Program is the accredited professional development course for Australian economic development professionals. Core and elective modules deliver knowledge, skills and insight, using practical case studies, a global perspective and adaptable tools to help you build a strong and resilient local economy.
Core and Elective EDA modules are recognised activities for EDA members seeking accreditation as an Australian Certified Economic Developer (ACEcD).
To achieve Australian Certified Economic Developer (ACEcD) accreditation, participants must be a member of EDA and complete:
- Four CORE Modules (CORE Module 1.1 – CORE Module 1.4)
- At least two ELECTIVE modules. Please note, the electives that are available for this calendar block are listed below. Future calendar blocks will be announced in coming months
- Successful completion of assessment for each module
To achieve accreditation, modules can be completed across multiple calendar blocks but must be completed within 3 years.
Existing ACEcD members will be awarded 10 CPD points upon successful completion of each module. For further information about EDA’s ACEcD accreditation program click here.
Assessments will be conducted for each module via short, on-line tests during the session and longer form, essay format following the session.
The Training Team
EDA modules are delivered by economic development experts with real life experience, who have been trained in delivering the EDA modules.
EDA training is designed to be delivered either face to face or via virtual delivery. Small groups and regular break out sessions ensure quality delivery, collegial interaction and interactive learning.
All modules are full day training – from 10am to 5pm (approx). Sydney time.
EDA Module fees
- EDA Member full suite: $382 per module (6 or more modules per person must be booked within one calendar block)
- EDA Member per module: $450
- EDA non-members per module: $650
All prices are exc of GST.
February 2022 course is now SOLD OUT.
The next course (May 2022) will be open for registration soon.
EDA reserves the right to change or cancel the dates advertised. A minimum of 12 students per module are required for the session to proceed.