Delivered by Economic Development Australia (EDA), the national peak body for economic development professionals, this one-day module is designed for new and experienced local government councillors, mayors and executive leaders.
The interactive virtual session will empower community leaders to drive and support inclusive, sustainable economic development. The module also supports local government leaders to understand the key principles of economic recovery and how to build economic resilience within their communities.
Economic Development Leadership Essentials (3 hour session)
- What is economic development?
- How to measure economic development?
- What are the engines and enablers of local economic development?
- What is the role of local government in enabling economic development?
- What is a Triple Bottom Line Approach (inclusivity and community wealth building principles)?
Economic Recovery and Resilience Building Essentials (3 hour session)
- Understanding economic risk in your community
- What does resilience mean?
- Understanding COVID impacts and how to respond
- Three stages of recovery
Can be delivered on line or in person. The session includes group discussion and breakout groups to ensure sharing and collegial learning. This module can be delivered as a one-day session or two half day or evening sessions.
EDA training content will be customised to allow for local issues to be used as case studies throughout the workshop.
Submit an Expression of Interest