Is your city or region an economic development powerhouse?
As we reflect on the highly successful National Economic Development Conference (NEDC) in Adelaide and the buzz builds for NEDC 2020 in Liverpool – Greater Western Sydney, now is the chance to secure this pre-eminent event for your region or city in 2021.
NEDC is the flagship event of Economic Development Australia (EDA). EDA is the national peak body for economic development professionals; building capacity, promoting excellence and providing leadership on issues that matter to our members. With over 750 members, EDA is a nationally recognised network of economic development professionals, fostering prosperity in communities across Australia.
NEDC is the only Australian national conference dedicated to economic development. The must-attend event features a two-day conference program, a full or half day masterclass, local study tours / site visits, the national economic development awards gala and a range of dynamic networking events.
NEDC is a unique opportunity to position your region as a leader in economic development and drive the discussion regarding jobs, growth, investment, industry development and regional competitiveness. The event will attract Australia’s leading economic development practitioners, globally and nationally recognised speakers and thought leaders.
- Attract between 200 – 250 economic development professionals to your region as well as their partners and families.
- Position your region as a leader in economic development by leading the national discussion, showcasing local competitive industries and your most innovative economic initiatives.
- Take the opportunity to create a living laboratory within your region by utilising national and international economic development leaders to focus on a local / regional ‘real-time’ economic development challenge, question, etc. within the conference program or as a masterclass.
- Benefit from local, regional and international media generated by Australia’s only dedicated economic development practitioner forum.
- Promote your region as a global business event destination by featuring local venues, dining, entertainment throughout the program.
- Showcase your region’s event management expertise by hosting the National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Maximise the direct economic benefit generated by NEDC by packaging pre and post experiences for national and international delegates.
Proposals to host NEDC are invited from economic development organisations and/or regional bodies in consultation with your EDA State Practitioner Network.
All legitimate interest in hosting the 2021 National Economic Development Conference will be received by the EDA Board based on the applicant’s ability to meet the selection criteria. Please submit one electronic copy of your EOI by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31 2020.
For further information, please contact EDA CEO, Jacqueline Brinkman on 0419 130 699.