Economic Development Australia (EDA) invites articles from economic development professionals, business leaders, academics, researchers, etc for the August 2022 edition of the EDA Journal.
The EDA Journal presents leading thinking around some of the key principles of economic development with consideration to the current domestic and global macro-economic environment.
This edition is related to the themes of the National Economic Development Conference 2022 (NEDC22) – Navigate, Energise, Develop, Collaborate – and as such we invite articles relating to the following topics:
- What does economic development look like now and for the future?
- What is the new economic development data ecosystem?
- How will workforce challenges affect economic development?
- What does the great resignation mean?
- How can we respond to the housing crisis?
- How to bring cities/regions back to life?
- How to redefine place?
- How to harness innovation to drive economic development?
- What does good public participation look like?
- Diversification and sector building
- Indigenous economic development
- Regional capacity building
- What is the future of place-based economic development?
- How do we encourage agency in regional communities?
- Meaningful public participation
- What is regional self-determination?
- How to ensure diversity of voices in economic development?
- Clustering, Smart Specialisation and Agglomeration
EOIs close: June 10, 2022
Successful EOIs advised: June 17, 2022
Submission of approved articles required: July 22, 2022
Publication date: August 26, 2022