As we reflect on the highly successful virtual National Economic Development Conference (NEDC) hosted in late 2020 by Liverpool City Council and the buzz builds for (hopefully!) a face to face event in Mackay on October 13-15, now is the chance to secure this pre-eminent event for your region or city in 2022.
NEDC is the flagship event of Economic Development Australia (EDA), the national peak body for economic development professionals. With over 1100 members, EDA is a nationally recognised network of economic development professionals, fostering economic prosperity and resilience in communities across Australia.
NEDC is the only Australian national conference dedicated to economic development. The must-attend event features a two-day conference program, a full or half day masterclass, local study tours / site visits, the national economic development awards gala and a range of networking events.
NEDC is a unique opportunity to position your city or region as a leader in economic development and drive the discussion regarding job creation, economic recovery and resilience, investment attraction, industry development and regional competitiveness. The event will attract Australia’s leading economic development practitioners, globally and nationally recognised speakers and thought leaders.
- Attract between 150 – 250 economic development professionals to your region as well as their partners and families.
- Position your region as a leader in economic development by leading the national discussion, showcasing local competitive industries and your most innovative economic initiatives.
- Take the opportunity to create a living laboratory within your region by utilising national and international economic development leaders to focus on a local ‘real-time’ economic development challenge.
- Benefit from local, regional and international media.
- Promote your region as a global business event destination by featuring local venues, dining, entertainment throughout the program.
- Showcase your region’s event management expertise by hosting the National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Maximise the direct economic benefit generated by NEDC by packaging pre and post experiences for national and international delegates.
Expressions of interest are invited from local governments or a consortium of Councils, state government agencies, regional bodies or other suitable organisations.
Please submit your EOI by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm AEDT on 1 March 2021.
For a confidential discussion further, please contact EDA CEO, Jacqueline Brinkman on 0419 130 699.