Economic Development Australia (EDA) and Mackay Regional Council are delighted to announce that the 2021 National Economic Development Conference (NEDC21) will be held in Mackay, Queensland at the Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre from 13 – 15 October 2021.
As the flagship event for EDA, the peak national body for economic development practitioners, the national event will attract more than 200 economic development leaders from across Australia. The event will also host thought leaders in industry development, representatives from all levels of government and the key organisations with an interest in Australia’s prosperity and economic growth.
NEDC21 will feature a compelling 3-day program of highly regarded thought-leaders whose knowledge and expertise will challenge delegates and encourage robust dialogue around the conference’s central theme Regional Transformation – An Evolution of the Circular Economy.
At NEDC 2021, topics for thought-provoking discussions will include:
- A circular economy to capture greater profits
- The elimination of waste
- Efficient use of resources
- Transformative thinking
- The skill to re-invent processes to enter new spaces
- Automation and robotics for a sustainable future
- Capturing opportunities that come with disruptive industries and
- Achieving regional and inter-regional cooperation at government, community and business levels.
After a year like no other we are looking forward to providing delegates with a memorable and invaluable event experience in Australia’s sunshine state.
Proudly hosted by Mackay Regional Council