Clusters for Economic Growth and Industry Transformation
28 May @ 11:30 am - 2:30 pm$125 – $175
EDA Queensland in partnership with TCI Oceania and Regional Development Australia, Brisbane invite you to a special Brisbane Luncheon Forum with visiting European Cluster Manager of the Year and member of the EU Strategy Roundtable for ‘Industry 2030’.
Bianca Dragomir inspires energy and passion for what she loves to do – build open, fresh, bold, entrepreneurship-driven ecosystems Europe-wide, inspire leaders of leaders and generate cleantech innovation across Europe and beyond.
Awarded as ‘European Cluster Manager of the Year 2016-2018’ by the European Commission, being the first woman to win this prize, Bianca is CEO at AVAESEN Cluster, one of Spain’s leading cleantech clusters, since 2013.
She launched the first climate-specific start-up accelerator in Spain and expanded it across 12 European countries, in a partnership with EIT Climate-KIC. She is Founder of the first Spanish Think Tank Smart Cities and Leader of Climate Launchpad Spain, the Global Green Business Idea Competition, since 2014.
Bianca is currently a member of the European High Level Industrial Roundtable ‘Industry 2030’ and assists European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Elżbieta Bieńkowska, and European Commission Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness, Jyrki Katainen, in developing a smart, innovative and sustainable industrial strategy for the future of Europe.
Arrive 11.00 for 11.30am start
11.30 – 11.50am Welcome / EDA in 2019 – Update on current activities and future plans,
Jacqueline Brinkman, CEO, EDA (Economic Development Australia)
11.50 – 12.10pm “……” with Keenan Jackson, .id
12.10 – 12.30pm ‘The Collaboration Imperative – Clusters and Industry Growth’ Joint presentation by Tracy Scott-Rimington, Chair, TCI Oceania with Ian Dover, Acting CEO, METS Ignited and Paul Hodgson, General Manager Innovation and Stakeholder Engagement (East Coast), NERA
12.30 – 1.00pm Luncheon served
1.00 – 1.45pm “Clusters for Economic Growth & Industry Transformation”, with guest speaker Bianca Dragomir
“Systemic innovation is needed for exponential change at the industry level. Clusters play a crucial role in this. They are impact multipliers, brokers of innovation, smart investments boosters and engines of growth. They can catalyse change at speed and scale.”
- Shed light on how clusters shape the industries of the future.
- Share the turnaround of Avaesen Cleantech Cluster (Spain) and its journey from a ‘cluster as usual’ to a ‘cluster of change’.
- Convey the missing keys to build a successful world-class cluster and how to create a thriving ecosystem of mutual success and growth for a plurality of stakeholders.
- Bring inspiration on how Europe is creating a pan-European scaling-up mechanism through clusters.
- Provide key insights and tools for Australian clusters to shape open, inter-connected, multi-collaborative, innovation-driven and financially self-sustained clusters, to leverage smart investments through smart collaborations
- Followed by Q&A
1.45 – 2.15pm Panel discussion “How to incorporate clusters into existing economic development work” Jacqueline Brinkman, Tracy Scott-Rimington, Bianca Dragomir and Keenan Jackson.
2.15pm Close and networking opportunity
With thanks to our sponsor
Proudly supported by RDA Brisbane