- Drive economic development within the La Trobe University Bundoora Campus
- Newly created opportunity for a proactive, diligent and driven professional
- Strategic Role – three year fixed term contract
La Trobe University Infrastructure and Operations Division is committed to supporting the University in its aspiration to be ‘the difference’ in the lives of its students, staff and visitors. We do this through planning, creating, and delivering modern infrastructure for the University and providing a full range of services that make La Trobe a lively, connected, safe and attractive environment in which to learn and work.
The University has a campus of 240 hectares, with over 40 hectares of land allocated to current and future research and innovation opportunities. The balance land is being developed into a modern University town, consisting of several complimentary neighbourhoods as set out in its 2014 Master Plan.
Sharp & Carter Property are currently working exclusively to recruit Senior Manager, Investment Attraction.
The Role – Senior Manager, Investment Attraction
Reporting to the Director, Property Development, the position is the designated point of contact for matters assisting the University in taking a proactive approach to securing investment for capital and infrastructure projects. Collaborating with a range of internal groups and University senior leadership team, the role will work with Government and Economic Development agencies to attract direct investment and enterprises that will connect key aspects of the University’s property portfolio.
Successful applicants for this role will have a background in Economic Development with the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of targeting and attracting external investment, negotiating commercial agreements and building strong partnerships.
- Ability to development strategic business cases supporting investment initiatives
- Exceptional stakeholder management with strong influencing skills
- Strategic thinker capable of identifying clear priorities and managing short, medium and long-term goals
- Exposure to political initiatives and investment from local, state and federal government
Why work at La Trobe: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits