- Temporary Flexible Full Time
- $96,712-$103,287 per annum
- Leave loading, superannuation, salary packaging, flexible work hours/arrangement
• Deliver and promote business, industry and regional development services to support economic growth and diversity to regional clients
• Facilitate collaborative industry initiatives, industry clusters and supply chain development
• Identify opportunities (and impediments) and develop strategies to assist in the growth of industry sectors, both existing and emerging, consistent with the Queensland government’s economic development objectives
• Facilitating and assisting industry with their interaction with other agencies and levels of government
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with regional industry stakeholders and other government agencies
• Contribute positively to regional economic development network group activities including project planning and implementation, operational, organisational and service delivery improvement processes
• Provide accurate and timely reports, briefings, submissions and other documentation that may be required
• Monitor and provide feedback to management on new and emerging regional economic development opportunities and issues
• Demonstrate commitment to the Department’s core values of strong customer service, teamwork, open communication, leadership and innovation
• Perform other tasks as required by the Regional Director, Manager and team members.
What we are looking for
You will be assessed on your capability and capacity for the following in the context of the role accountabilities set out above.
• Technical Skills-Applies business and industry experience, functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Supports strategic direction-Draws on information from diverse sources and uses experience to analyse what information is important and how it should be used. Maintains an awareness of the organisation and keeps self and others well informed on issues that may affect work progress
• Achieves results-Establishes clear plans and timeframes for project implementation. Monitors project progress and manages priorities. Commits to achieving quality outcomes and adheres to documentation procedures
• Supports productive working relationships-Builds and sustains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients. Is responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations
• Displays personal drive and integrity-Acts professionally at all times and operates within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy constraints. Shows initiative and does what is required
• Communicates with influence-Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner. Selects the most appropriate medium for conveying information and structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity. Identifies relevant stakeholders’ expectations and concerns.
We are also looking for people who will live our values and who are open to change. We manage a mobile, flexible and agile workforce to support service delivery and professional development. Changing organisational needs may mean that employees take on other roles as needed. Please also note that the position description is indicative and may change to reflect the department’s objectives and priorities, activities or role focus.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/339864/20