At Regional Development Australia (RDA) Sydney, we are passionate about promoting sustainable economic development and employment growth across Sydney in active partnerships with business, government and the broader community.
RDA Sydney is part of a network of national regional development bodies, overseen by a local Committee and Chair appointed by the Australian Government. We receive funding from the Australian Government, and source other funding to deliver projects that align with our Charter of investment attraction, economic growth and jobs creation.
About the role
The Project Officer Economic Development will provide support to the Executive Officer and Snr Project Manager to develop new project opportunities, deliver SME workshops currently contracted, conduct desk research as required, reach out to current and potential partners to scope needs and challenges, provide secretariat support to sector networks when required.
You will gain success through:
- Building and maintaining relationships with Federal, state and local governments, industry associations, higher education and research institutions;
- Assisting in the sourcing of interested SMEs for workshops/information sessions;
- Assisting in the logistical organisation of events;
- Assist in scoping what support can be provided to Council Economic Development Practitioners for the successful implementation of local Economic Development Strategies;
- You are comfortable working in a job that is not desk bound (RDA Sydney reaches out to all 33 LGAs in greater Sydney when required);
- You can work autonomously and can prioritise workload;
- You don’t mind working in a small team and pitching in when needed;
- You are a good listener and seek information from others to identify and clarify the opportunities and challenges being presented;
- You can analyse information gained through several avenues and develop possible pathways in meeting the needs of our stakeholders;
- You have had previous experience as an economic development practitioner or similar preferably in a local government environment;
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills;
- Skilled in Word, Excel and other Microsoft applications with a capacity to learn to use entry level data packages;
- Preferred current and valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Is it a good fit for you?
We are looking for the right person that has the skill set to help us to achieve our KPIs so we are flexible regarding full time or part time working arrangements, this can be negotiated, however this will be a 12 month contract with the potential for extension.
How to apply
Submit a current resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 27th July 2018. If you have any questions ring Therese on 0413 834 098.