Bring your talents to North Queensland coast and partner with an award-winning Local Government as a Principal Economic Development in a permanent fulltime position
In this role, you will be largely responsible for the facilitation of economic development outcomes in alignment with Council’s Corporate Plan and Economic Development Strategy. Key objectives of this role include coordinating Council’s input in relation to key developments and promoting investment attraction and development opportunities within the Mackay Region. The Principal Economic Development Officer provides a strategic facilitation role, working in close collaboration with key strategic partners and across the organisation.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships between internal stakeholders, industry, other levels of government and the community
- Conceptualise, create and strategize in order to find solutions to complex problems.
- Hold a tertiary qualifications in economics, business, planning or a related discipline and/or experience in an economic development or similar role.
- Be confident and skilled in working with various stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of position and corporate objectives, articulate solutions and implement changes.
- Have high level research and analytical skills including a sound knowledge of economic development concepts and key economic, social, and infrastructure opportunities and challenges.
- Be passionate about promoting business investment attraction and development opportunities within the Mackay region.
- Enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team with a positive outlook.
Our value proposition to you:
- We are a progressive and innovative organisation which supports work/life balance;
- We promote and practice a positive work culture;
- We offer a supportive environment for career development and ongoing learning;
- Significant corporate and membership discounts are available;
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading is available;
- We offer superannuation contributions up to 18% (conditions apply);
- We offer flexible working arrangements;
- We provide employee assistance support.
Are you ready to catapult your career?
For us to assess if you’re the one we are searching for, it is mandatory that you submit your Resume, a Cover Letter and a Full statement addressing the Selection Criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
For the position description, selection criteria and further information on how to apply, visit: https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/ER21_31613/VacancyList.aspx
Applications Close: 30th January 2020