- 5 Year Term
- Senior Officer
- St Kilda location – walking distance to all amenities: public transport, parking, shops, parks and beach
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to take on one of the best creative management jobs in the country!
In this role you will lead “Art and Soul”, Council’s five year creative economy strategy and oversee a world leading festival, arts and library portfolio.
The position operates at the third level and reports to the General Manager, Community and Economic Development.
The primary focus of the role is to lead the Cultural and Economic Development department to cement the City of Port Phillip as one of Victoria’s most creative and prosperous cities with businesses, villages, libraries, events, festivals, arts and culture that bring enjoyment and other benefits to our local community, grow our visitor economy and promote national and international recognition and regard.
You are effective in managing key stakeholder relationships with residents, businesses, community organisations, community leaders, the private sector and government agencies. A collaborative cross-organisational approach will build on and evolve a place making approach.
Benefits to You
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also have access to other great benefits:
- We are a modern employer that offers a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- You will be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is customer focused, with a strong desire for change and raising the bench mark.
- We offer generous staff benefits including excellent training and development opportunities, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, and a health and wellbeing program.
- The ability to salary package motor vehicles or as part of our commitment to sustainability, receive an allowance utilising great public transport options.
How to Apply