Purpose of the Role
Based in Dalby, you will undertake economic development tasks and projects that will enhance and support business growth and retention with our region. You will also play a key role in strengthening connections in the community to achieve economic prosperity.
Reporting to the Economic Development Senior Officer, you will:
- Undertake data research and analysis that inform activities and decision making;
- Prepare detailed submissions for grant opportunities;
- Support projects within the department that includes major events such as Big Skies;
- Promote the region for the benefit of the regional economy;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Have demonstrated experience in the development of innovative and practical solutions in regional economic development; and
- Have knowledge of economic development data and key indicators.
Benefits & culture:
- Relocation assistance – up to $5,000
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Workvibe – social networking initiative
- Locality allowance
- Option of a 9 day fortnight
- Job security in a local government position
If you are ready to play an integral role in improving our region’s economy, this role is for you. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE
Full position description copy: http://www.wdrc.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Economic-Development-Project-Officer.pdf
Applications close on Thursday 28 June 2018.