- Rare & Challenging Opportunity
- Apply your Development expertise in an Iconic SA Region
- Develop your leadership skills
- Just an easy 1-hour drive from Adelaide
The time is now for economic development in the Light region, with significant population growth associated with the Roseworthy Township Expansion and economic stimulus planned in response to COVID-19. Light Regional Council seeks a high-calibre candidate to play a central role in Council’s Economic Development Team during this transformational period.
Light Regional Council is home to a diverse range of development and residential growth opportunities, including:
- Roseworthy Township Expansion residential and employment lands supporting a population of up to 10,000 people.
- Kingsford Regional Industrial Estate, a state significant large-scale industrial development and home to some of SA’s largest companies.
- Kapunda Five Shillings Estate residential development.
*Kapunda seniors living land.
- Kapunda railway precinct redevelopment.
- Kapunda copper mine in-situ recovery.
- Freeling & Roseworthy agri-tech and GM research opportunities.
- Seppeltsfield, Marananga and Greenock iconic food and beverage producers.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a qualified and people-oriented specialist to connect the community, local businesses, the development industry, state and local government to restore and grow the local economy through collaborative efforts by implementing the Council’s Economic Development Plan and COVID-19 Recovery Plan. The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating Council’s Roseworthy Township Expansion Infrastructure Taskforce, in addition to delivering strategic projects across Council’s main townships and industry areas.
You will demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills, high political acumen, and have key knowledge in project management, urban development and strategic planning, economic and property development. If you are attracted to a challenging and rewarding role within a progressive and welcoming organisation, and hold the appropriate experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
If you would like to discuss the above position or require a copy of the Position Description, you are encouraged to contact Mr Kieren Chappell, General Manager, Economic Development on (08) 8525 3200 or KChappell@light.sa.gov.au.
Applications must be forwarded in writing, marked “confidential” and emailed to email@example.com.
Applications close 5:00pm, Friday 8th January 2021.