Full Time Fixed Term 2 years
The Livingstone Shire sits nestled along the beautiful Capricorn Coast and covers approximately 11,776 square kilometres, with a population of almost 36,000 residents. Livingstone Shire Council was created in 2013 and employs approximately 350 people.
Livingstone and the Capricorn Coast is a relaxed coastal environment in which connecting with family, friends and the community is a high priority. The area has an abundance of natural features including countless beaches with sheltered swimming, picturesque national parks, pristine rainforests and idyllic offshore islands, making it an ideal place to live. Our beaches, bushes and tropical rainforests are second to none and have been specifically preserved, designed and transformed to show the unique, untouched charm of Livingstone.
Livingstone Shire Council promotes a positive culture in the workplace with all staff demonstrating high standards of Accountability, Teamwork, Community, Potential and Positivity. These values and behaviours set the standard for Council and are embodied throughout the organisation.
This position supports Council’s direction to be globally, nationally and regionally competitive through expanding its place making strategy towards economic development endeavours, to support a competitive commercial and entrepreneurial environment to shape knowledge based and other economic opportunities
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Key criteria for you to be successful in this role:
• Tertiary qualifications in Urban Design, Economic Development, Business, Economics, or Social Sciences (or relevant field) and substantial relevant experience in economic development and or place making;
• Significant proven experience to lead, co-ordinate and manage multi-disciplinary projects including investment attraction, to achieve the required outcomes and comply with legislations, awards and Councils policies; and
• Possess and maintain a current Queensland C Class motor vehicle drivers’ licence.
• Salary package circa $142k;
• Personal Day Off – Council gives you flexibility by providing a paid day off each month;
• Supportive work environment;
• Generous Superannuation.
For more information and to obtain and submit an application kit please visit the Livingstone Shire Council website. Alternatively contact People and Culture on (07) 4913 5000. All applications must have an Application Form attached. These are found in our Job Application Kit.
Livingstone Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications close Monday, 23 March 2020 at midnight.