- Reference Number: 1023
- Job Type: Full Time
- Package: Band 6 + Superannuation
- Position Description: Economic Development Officer – Position Description
The Economic Development Officer is the lead liaison with local business. This role is responsible for developing strong relationships across government agencies and industry organisations to implement activities, programs and projects that support business growth and development in Nillumbik Shire. Special Rate Levies and working with local Traders Associations are integral to this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the delivery of strategies, activities and projects in support of Council’s economic development program.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with business and industry groups, networks, and community associations.
- Liaising with relevant Council departments e.g. Health, Local Laws, Planning and Engineering to facilitate positive outcomes for businesses.
- Ensuring that Council’s objective of customer service excellence is reflected in day to day operations by providing responsive, timely and high quality follow-up to enquiries, service requests and complaints from all customers
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in a business related discipline with related experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience in a related field.
- Understanding of and experience in government context.
- Prior experience in project management, investment attraction or business development.
- Experienced project and stakeholder coordinator who has the ability to adapt those skills to any activity.
- The ability to develop action plans, co-ordinate tasks, set budgets, manage time and resources for maximum efficiency and achievement within the boundaries of the job responsibilities.
- Team player with partnership approach to working with colleagues and external customers.
This is a permanent full-time position with a Band 6 salary of $79,582 – $86,596 + Super.
To be part of this exciting opportunity, you must clearly address the Key Selection Criteria (as set out in the position descriptions).
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, contact Organisational Development on (03) 9433 3253.
Applications close 9 December