(Permanent Full Time)
We are seeking to recruit an experienced officer to promote economic development and growth within our City. The role encompasses responsibility for a range of key operational and strategic initiatives, including delivering the objectives outlined in Council’s Economic Development Plan. Our Plan focuses on facilitating improved economic performance and productivity within key sectors to achieve our strategic objectives of “prosperity, vibrancy and sustainability”.
We are looking for a person with:
- demonstrable achievements in a similar or equivalent role together with the ability to develop and facilitate specific economic development projects;
- a practical understanding of business and commercial procedures and practices in relation to attracting and facilitating new economic activity;
- ability to prepare briefs, correspondence, submissions and reports following liaison with stakeholders.
- strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- strong time management and organisational skills; and
- knowledge of local government is desirable.
The salary for this role is $70,795.66 with excellent work conditions including 19-day month and 12½% superannuation. Further information specific to the role may be obtained by contacting Adam Saddler on 6217 9531.
Council is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free workplace. Prospective applicants should note that random alcohol and drug testing is a condition of employment at Clarence City Council.
A copy of the role description (includes selection criteria) may be accessed at www.ccc.tas.gov.au or by contacting Kristy Hayes on 62179678 or email email@example.com
To be considered for this role, all applicants must address the selection criteria and provide a current resume. Directly addressing each key selection criteria provides the opportunity to show the selection panel about your fit for the position, therefore increasing your chances in the selection process. An application that fails to address the stated key selection criteria may not be considered.
Applications directly addressing the selection criteria should be forwarded to the General Manager, Clarence City Council, PO Box 96, Rosny Park 7018 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday, 21 August 2019.