- Remuneration package range: $82,638 to $97,721 per annum inclusive of 9.5% superannuation
- Fixed term full time
The City of Fremantle is seeking a suitably experienced, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Economic Development and Marketing Team. This is a significant opportunity for an economic development professional with a passion for creating vibrant places and cities to join us as Fremantle undergoes the biggest revitalisation it has seen in 40 years.
The position reports to the Manager, Economic Development and Marketing and will require you to assist in the delivery of a series of projects and programs aimed at growing Fremantle’s economy, providing timely and accurate information to the business community and finding ways to maintain vibrancy within Fremantle’s public realm. You will be expected to bring creativity, strategic thinking and strong communication skills to the role as well as a superior standard of customer service.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Delivery of a strong program of consistent communication and engagement with Fremantle’s business community.
- Delivery of effective place making and activation outcomes for public spaces and town centres.
- Delivery of programs and initiatives that support new and existing businesses.
- Implementation of activities identified within the City of Fremantle Economic Development Strategy and other associated implementation plans.
Appointment to this position will be dependent on you having previous demonstrated experience in a similar role and detailed knowledge in the areas of economic development and business engagement. You will need to be an effective communicator, well-organised, self-directed and, ideally, tertiary qualified in economics, commerce or a related field.
If you have any access needs that may require reasonable adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, please get in touch with the contact above for more job-related information. If you are Aboriginal person or a person with a Disability who would like assistance with your application, please contact the Jobs and Skills Centre on 136464.
The City of Fremantle promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. The City encourages people of all ages and abilities, Aboriginal Australians and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.