Position: Economic Development Officer (Advocacy)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
• $75,708 per annum
• Plus up to 12% Council Superannuation Contribution (Local Government Conditions apply to superannuation)
The focus of this position is to provide support to the Strategic Projects and Economic Development team. The position has a key role in the delivery of a range of projects and initiatives designed to support industry development, attract private and public funding, and promote the building of Bundaberg as Australia’s best regional community.
1. Relevant formal qualifications and/or experience in a relevant field such as economics, commerce, business management or marketing.
2. Proven experience in industry development, marketing and grant application writing.
3. Highly developed research, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically, particularly in relation to analysis of economic trends and opportunities.
4. A good understanding of local business and economic conditions and the role of local government in economic development.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with a wide variety of people including all levels of staff, public and government bodies and the business community.
6. Provision of a satisfactory Criminal History Check – Police Certificate (Australia wide – name only).
For further information in regards to this position, please contact Chris Sampson, Manager Strategic Projects on 1300 883 699.
To apply, please email your application, quoting vacancy reference number PN1124 and your name in the subject line, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include in your email:
• Cover letter
• Selection Criteria responses demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this role. (Please use no more than 150 words per selection criteria response)
Applications close Midnight Sunday 9 December 2018.