Snowy Valleys Council is seeking a passionate and highly motivated leader to coordinate our program of economic development activities. This is a huge opportunity to shape the future prosperity of our region through helping local industries to grow while attracting new investment, supporting innovation and developing our regional capabilities.
In this role you will be required to:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders to support business development and investment in the Snowy Valleys.
- Implement and report upon Council’s Economic Development Strategy and other associated strategic documents.
- Develop and deliver agreed business support activities through leveraging government programs and coordinating SVC efforts.
- Oversee the management of the Council’s grants register, including research and development of applications for agreed opportunities.
- Manage analysis of economic development opportunities and provide advice to the organisation regarding their merits and supporting actions. This includes development of discussion papers and commissioning of targeted research.
- Manage delivery of current and user-friendly data on the local economy that can be used across a range of council platforms, investment opportunity profiles and discussions.
- Develop and deliver projects in coordination with the Project Management Office.
- Develop and deliver an investment attraction program that includes a range of activities aimed at profiling our region and connecting potential investors with information and opportunities.
- Prepare and manage budgets and programs effectively, and contribute to Division Budget planning and reporting.
- Assess and improve work practices and procedures on a continuous basis to achieve or exceed Snowy Valleys Council’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrate positive cultural behaviours and commit to applying Snowy Valleys Council’s values, policies and procedures at all times.
HOW TO APPLY (refer to the ‘How to Apply for a Position’ link for further information)
Please apply at our careers site: http://www.snowyvalleys.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers-with-Council
You must address the Essential Criteria noted in the Position Description and with your Cover Letter and current Resume/CV, upload the information on line as indicated. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
Salary will be paid in accordance with the Snowy Valleys Council Salary System Grade 11 ranging from $2972.00 – $3345.00 per fortnight (gross) dependent on skills, experience and qualifications held plus 9.5% superannuation, relocation assistance and salary sacrifice opportunities (remote area classification).
Sunday 28th April 2019 at 5pm.
For further information on the position requirements please contact Ben Smith, Division Manager Strategy and Place on 026948 9118.
Snowy Valleys Council is an EEO employer and ensures the absence of discrimination in employment. Council has a ‘No Smoking in the Workplace Policy’ and operates a Drug and Alcohol testing program.