- Ref No. 11740
- Permanent Full-Time
- Salary Range: $103,985
- Group/Unit: Infrastructure & Planning/Economic Development
- Band 8
- Great opportunity for a person with a background in business or economic development to progress your career.
- Have the Mornington Peninsula as your place of work
- Are you looking for a new way to use your business development skills
About the business & role
The Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Economic Development Team undertakes activities to enhance business productivity and capability, enhance employment growth, support the diversification of the local $6.3 billion economy and undertakes collaborative projects with business, government, service providers.
Reporting to the Manager of Economic Development & Tourism, the newly created Coordinator Economic Development will lead the Economic Development Team in facilitating economic development and jobs growth within the Municipality, developing and implementing strategies, business cases and initiatives to maximise economic benefit in a highly effective and efficient way.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
The role is responsible for coordinating the Economic Development Team ensuring outcomes are delivered according to the Council Plan and Economic Development Strategy. The role also incorporates:
- Developing and applying innovative approaches to economic development including implementing and evaluating effective and measurable outcomes.
- Providing strategic advice to Council on economic development issues
- Responsible for coordinating projects and managing consultants
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
You will have:
- A high level of understanding of economic development, business activities and commercial practices.
- The ability to design and implement business cases, strategies and policies.
- Sound knowledge of the various programs and services available to businesses and workforce.
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of business associations.
- Excellent mediation and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare complex reports and undertake presentations.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Experience in managing external relationships and contracts with service providers ensuring obligations are met and projects are within budget.
Contact Tania Treasure 03 5950 1447
Position Closing Date: 1/12/2017 at 12 noon
Agency applications will not be accepted for this position.