Economic Analytics and Policy Coordinator
Pos No: MAR003
Campbelltown City Council is an ambitious and innovative organisation in a rapidly growing city that is ideally located with easy access to key public transport and road links. Boasting extensive bushland areas along the Georges River, contrasted with vibrant city centres, Campbelltown City has been identified as a key strategic centre for the Macarthur region. Providing a range of services and facilities to a diverse community, we have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having a positive impact.
The City Marketing and Economy section is responsible for positively promoting the City of Campbelltown as a dynamic, self-sustainable urban centre servicing the greater Macarthur region. The team will lead and deliver high level strategic plans to generate growth in investment, create business and employment opportunities, build the capacity of local businesses and develop effective connections and partnerships with the business community.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an Economic Analytics and Policy Coordinator. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for working collaboratively to develop, coordinate and implement Council’s economic development functions including:
- Developing and delivering policies, strategies, programs and initiatives that stimulate jobs, investment, education attainment and business growth in Campbelltown City
- Developing plans, strategies, training and activities to address business and employment trends and/or gaps as projected by statistical evidence, analytical research and economic modelling
- Building and maintaining a bank of business intelligence and analysis to allow Council to shape economic and employment policies and programs
- Providing analysis and detailed economic assessment for inclusion in relevant submissions and grant funding applications and for the review of development proposals
- Monitoring and reviewing all relevant legislation, standards, code of practice to ensure all Council processes and documents adhere.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, statistics or a related discipline, and extensive experience in a relevant field such as research, evaluation, public policy and econometrics
- Experience in conducting statistical and economic analysis and communicating technical advice, assistance and evidentiary material to support the development and delivery of Council’s strategic direction
- Experience in the analysis and economic assessments of development proposals
- Demonstrated investigative, conceptual and analytical skills to interpret and report on economic and business data, ensuring analysis is fit for purpose.
- Understanding of government and private sector structures and processes that influence the achievement of economic and employment development outcomes
- Commitment to role modeling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week
- Salary from $1,787.20 per week + 9.5% superannuation
- Mobile phone
- Flexi time
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
- Staff car park
For further information on this position, please contact Bernice Naylor, Manager City Marketing and Economy on 4645 4476.
Sunday 3 February 2019
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.