We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
Council is seeking a marketing professional with experience in visitation marketing and business development. If you are experienced in development of targeted marketing strategy development, working with partners and achieving positive results leading a passionate team of professional and operational staff, this could be just what you are looking for!
The position is responsible for all destination marketing and asset and content development activity related to the Dubbo Region destination brands and associated strategies. This includes developing, implementing, managing and evaluating marketing campaigns that increase the appeal of the region and build on visitor, new resident and investment markets.
Managing the strategic direction of the two Regional Visitor Information Centre’s, this position will develop and maintain effective relationships with government agencies, industry sectors across the LGA, and businesses targeting the new visitor, new resident, event and investment markets to successfully deliver economic benefits to business and the wider community.
This position will also be responsible for the brand integrity and delivery of destination brand marketing and campaign development for a series of destination based campaigns.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage and deliver cooperative destination appeal activities across the destination footprint to grow the visitor economy;
- Partner with stakeholders including Destination NSW and the Destination Network to ensure effective presentation on state and regional consumer websites and maximise cooperative promotional opportunities;
- Develop and deliver collateral and content relevant to targeted markets for skills and new resident attraction;
- Identify opportunities to work with media and major industries to leverage opportunities to market the benefits of Dubbo Region living to specific targeted audiences for the overall economic benefits of the LGA;
- Overseeing the strategic implementation of marketing for the destination through everyday activities of the two regional visitor information centres in Dubbo and Wellington;
- Design and deliver a range of projects as identified in the Economic Development Strategy in an effective manner, on time, budget and in consultation with relevant stakeholders; and
- Provide significant input to the development of the LGA Economic Development Strategy and Annual Action plan.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a related discipline or experience commensurate to the qualification;
- Demonstrated superior level of written and oral communication skills agile to target audiences for use in both persuasive content development and corporate reporting;
- Experience in major marketing or brand led promotional campaign development, delivery and evaluation;
- Sound knowledge of the tourism market of Dubbo Region and the opportunity to maximise economic benefits of visitation for the regional community;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining marketing platforms and collateral including overseeing design and production and management of collaborative marketing partnership programs or campaigns; and
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering extensive integrated marketing campaigns based on consumer market insights, including partner investment and engagement, budgeting and performance reporting.
You will be a team player who looks for positive ways to influence team culture. You are passionate about marketing and achieving great results within a collaborative environment. You have the ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders and are agile in taking advantage of opportunities as they present themselves, which result in a progressive outcome for key target markets and marketing partners.
Always supportive of developing your team, you will show positive leadership and support the ongoing development of staff within the branch.
Passionate about the product promise of tourism related activity, you will have an eye for detail and support the development of visitor related collateral that is both valuable to visitation markets and engaging to support visitor attraction.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including a leaseback vehicle, 10 manager leave days in addition to 4 weeks annual leave, DRC fitness passport program, well-being program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and have an active Social Club.
Salary: $82,060 – $95,367 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9:00am, Monday 18 November 2019
Enquiries: Manager Economic Development and Marketing – 02 6801 4120.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.