- Lead our City’s Economic Development Team
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Bankstown Location
The Coordinator for Economic Development will provide leadership and develop and implement economic development strategies, projects and to build a professional network with stakeholders and the community to deliver economic growth.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the economic development team
- Identify and lead strategic economic development planning initiatives
- Develop and implement economic development strategies and projects
- Research and analyse economic data and trends to identify improvements
- Build credibility with business and community leaders to develop long-term professional relationships.
- Utilise your extensive understanding of business development and investment attraction initiatives to ensure opportunities are realised in the City of Canterbury Bankstown.
- Undertake other duties relevant to the role or skills required by the position.
*For a complete list of duties, please refer to the position description
The successful applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Economics, Marketing or similar
- Experience in business development or a related area
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in economic policy development and implementation;
- Excellent written communication, research skills, and high level interpersonal and networking skills.
- A high proficiency in Problem solving and negotiation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to form positive business relationships
What’s in it for you?
- Located in Bankstown
- Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
- Access to health and wellbeing programs (In house remedial Massages, discounted gym membership, etc)
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an award winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter.
Canterbury Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close at 11:59pm on Tuesday 26 March 2019
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Kearney (Manager City Prosperity and Engagement) on 02 9707 9052