Are you passionate about delivering economic insights to create meaningful change?
Do you enjoy analysing local trends to tell a story about a place or region – its economic strengths and weaknesses, its place in the world, and how this is changing overtime?
Are you passionate about working with our clients to understand the questions they are looking to answer and building an evidence-based story that helps communicate our findings?
Our successful candidate will display outstanding analytical skills, demonstrate curiosity about places and communities, be a strong writer and presenter, and enjoy developing solutions for our clients.
You will get to work with our existing local government clients (over 250 councils subscribe to .id’s products and services) to provide evidence and advice that helps them understand their local economies, strategically plan, and attract investment. You’ll be able to work on a variety of different projects as well as design and implement product innovations. You’ll be empowered to manage your own workload and career development.
.id (Informed Decisions) are experts dedicated to informing decisions that shape our future. Initially formed by a small group of ‘corporate refugees’, we are passionate about what we do, who we work with and how we work together.
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics (or similar)
- Experience working in economic analysis, economic development, or as a consultant/researcher
- A strong analytical skill set (e.g. data analysis, spatial / GIS analysis, economic modelling, statistical techniques, benefit cost analysis, economic impact analysis, forecasting)
- Proficiency with MS office
- Experience with data analysis program languages (e.g. SQL) or data visualisation tools (desirable)
- A client-focused mindset
- A ‘What does it mean?’ approach to analysis
- Strong writing and speaking skills with the ability to explain complex economic issues via simple terms and visuals
- Willingness to travel
- A desire to contribute to the team – be collaborative, proactive and continually learn
- Passion and curiosity
To find out more go to https://home.id.com.au/about-us/careers or send a cover letter and resume that addresses the role requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, call Rob Hall, Senior Consultant, on 94172205