About Many Rivers
Inspired by Christian values, Many Rivers exists to help Indigenous and other Australians in disadvantaged circumstances to improve their situations through the provision of microenterprise and community economic development support.
Our clients are seeking to move from welfare dependency to self-reliance, to make a valuable contribution to their communities and to the broader economy. We create change and economic opportunities through our work.
CED Manager Role (Dubbo)
Our Community Economic Development Managers (CEDM) work with Indigenous communities that want to establish economic activity on their land. This position reports to the Head of Community Economic Development, supporting and driving our Mission across the wider Dubbo region. We have a tested and innovative Community Economic Development (CED) framework and methodology to work with Indigenous communities formulating strategies, managing relationships and developing work plans that strengthen the foundations of the representative community body to manage long-term and successful enterprises and employment for their communities. Some of the role’s key responsibilities include:
- Working across the region to identify, recommend and engage suitable communities for economic development support as per Many Rivers CED readiness assessment.
- Leading facilitation and providing guidance and support to the agreed areas of work with the community body board and management.
- Supporting the establishment and/or expansion of net positive economic activity with Indigenous communities in the position’s region driven by improved organisational capacity, enterprise and employment.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of Many Rivers’ policies, processes, and product initiatives.
- Undertaking personal development and ensuring a safe, healthy, and sustainable work environment.
Who We Are Looking For?
Our CED Managers have experience working with Indigenous communities, understand business, corporate governance and strategic/business planning. We are looking for diligent self-starters who have a demonstrated ability to project-manage for outcomes, are relational and commercially savvy, energised by the challenges and opportunities to support communities to achieve real and tangible enterprise and employment outcomes.
If you have an interest in social justice, working alongside individuals, families and communities that are working hard to build a better future, building trusted working relationships and want the opportunity to live and work in regional or remote Australia, this opportunity could be for you
- Fully aligned to Many Rivers’ Mission and Objectives (see our website for more information).
- Share Many Rivers’ motivation and commitment to serve people from all walks of life.
- Impeccable integrity, trust, respect, stewardship, strong cultural awareness and commitment to people in disadvantaged circumstances.
- Current driver’s licence and a freedom to travel, frequent intra-regional travel is required
Successful candidates will be required to complete pre-employment checks including reference checks, Criminal History check, Equifax Check and Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check, where applicable.
Suitable applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
For further information or for a full position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.manyrivers.org.au.