Terms and Conditions of Economic Development Australia Membership
- The membership of the company is open to individuals and organisations involved in economic development activity in Australia and overseas.
- Every applicant for membership must:
- sign an application for membership in such form as may from time to time be prescribed by the board or by regulation and;
- undertake, as a condition of admission, to pay to the company such annual subscription fee as may from time to time be payable to the company in accordance with this constitution.
- At the next meeting of the board after the receipt of any application for membership, that application must be considered by the board, which must thereupon determine in its discretion upon the admission or rejection of the applicant. In no case is the board required to give any reason for the rejection of an applicant.
- If the payment is not made within two calendar months after the date of the notice, the board may in its discretion cancel its acceptance of the application for membership of the company.
- Each member must notify the Secretary (via email@example.com) promptly in writing of any change of its address recorded on the register within one month after that change.
- Each member must pay the annual subscription fee in such amount and in such manner as determined by the Board from time to time. If the annual subscription fee of a member remains unpaid for a period of two calendar months after it becomes due then the member may after notice of the default has been sent to him, her or it by the secretary be debarred by resolution of the board from all privileges of membership, but the board may reinstate the member on payment of all arrears if the board thinks fit to do so. If at the expiration of 6 months after the date of the notice of default the payment remains outstanding, the member ceases to be a member.
- A member may at any time by giving notice in writing to the secretary resign his, her or its membership of the company, but continues to be liable for any annual subscription fee and all arrears due and unpaid at the date of his, her or its resignation and for all other moneys due by him, her or it to the company and in addition for any sum not exceeding $50.00 for which he, she or it is liable as a member of the company under clause 8.
- If any member willfully refuses or neglects to comply with the provisions of the constitution of the company or is guilty of any conduct which in the opinion of the board is unbecoming of a member or prejudicial to the interests of the company, the board may by resolution censure, suspend or expel the member from the company.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Benefits of Individual Membership are only available to the membership holder and cannot be transferred or shared.
- If an Individual Membership is paid for by an organisation, membership is transferrable within that organisation. If the Individual Membership is paid for by an individual personally, the membership stays with that membership holder, even if that person changes jobs/organisations.
- All membership transfer requests must be made in writing.
- All applications for membership must be approved by the Board. The Board’s decision whether to approve or reject an application is final.
- Applicants for membership do not become approved members until after membership fees have been paid.
- If membership fees are not paid within two calendar months of invoice, the Board may cancel its acceptance of the application for membership.
- Each member must notify EDA promptly in writing of any change of address.
- Economic Development Australia reserves the right to make changes or updates to our Membership program and benefits.
Event Policy & Payments
- EDA requests prepayment by C/C online at time of registration. If a tax invoice is required please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Invoices will not be issued within 14 days of any event without a Purchase Order or by prior agreement.
- All registrants must have a valid EDA membership to qualify for the EDA member delegate registration rates at the time of booking and for the duration of the event.
- Refunds are provided up to 14 days prior to the event when requested in writing*. No refunds will be provided within 14 days of the event. Event registration may be transferable by request, in writing and on a case by case basis.
- *Cancellation to be made to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of Information
- By accepting these terms and conditions you agree to having your contact details shared with other EDA Members or attendees of EDA events. If you do not wish for this to happen, please contact email@example.com.
- You agree to your membership being identifiable on a map illustrating EDA membership. This map contains name, membership level, suburb and postcode location only.
- As a Corporate member, you agree to your nominated logo being displayed on the EDA website and other EDA collateral as per membership benefits.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that photographs may be taken at this event and used by EDA for media for promotional purposes only and you provide permission for this.